Canada is one of the countries with the highest amount of immigrants and this is because of their immigration friendly laws. According to Canada.ca, immigrants amounted to 80% of the population increase in Canada between 2017 and 2018 while the remaining 20% was from natural increase.
The government of Canada encourages immigrants to come and start life afresh in the country and this is the reason behind the surge in the population of Canada. There are requirements that one must possess before being allowed to enter Canada and one of those requirements is visa.
There are different types of Canadian visa and the requirements for each visa type differs. This article would provide information on Canada visa types, requirements,application fee, application status, processing time, and application guidelines.
Canadian Visa Requirement
As we earlier stated, there are requirements that one possess in order to be eligible to obtain a Canadian visa and those applying for a Canadian visa must possess the relevant documents outlined below:
- A passport
- A visa application form
- Letter of Support/Invitation to Canada
- Proof of financial means
- Proof of returning to your country once the visa expires
- Medical exam to prove that you are in good health
There are categories of people that are not allowed to apply for the visa and those who fall into this category cannot be given a visa. Those who fall into the categories below cannot be given a visa to Canada:
- Those who have a history of criminal activity
- Those who have human rights violations
- Those who have a history of organized crime
Other requirements include age requirements because only those who are above 18 are allowed to apply for the Canadian visa. Minors must be attached to dependents before they are given a visa.
Canadian Visa Types
The type of visa you would be given is dependent on the purpose of your visit to Canada. From our research, there are five types of Canadian visa and all other visas fall under these categories outlined below:
- Temporary Visa: The Canadian temporary visa is for those who want to visit Canada for a period of time[ not more than six months]. This visa is further divided into a single entry visa which allows the holder to enter Canada once, stay for 6 months, and return to their country while the other type is the multiple entry visa which allows the holder to enter Canada more than once. Temporary visas can be categorized into the following:
- Tourist Visa
- Super Visa
- Diplomatic & Official Visa
- Courtesy Visa
- Visa to give birth
- Intending donor visa
- Facilitation Visa
- Student Visa
- Temporary work visa
- Residence Permit
- Working Holiday Visa
- Permanent Visa: Permanent Visa allows the holder to settle in Canada permanently and this visa is also called an Immigrant visa. There are different types of permanent visa and the common types are outlined below:
- Immigrant Investor program
- Startup visa program
- Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)
- Family Sponsorship Program
- Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP)
- Self Employed Persons visa
- Student Visa: As a foreign student,before you can be allowed to study in Canada,you must possess a student visa. This visa is open to minors who want to study in primary and secondary schools to adults who want to study in post secondary schools.
- Express Entry Visa: This visa is given to highly and lowly skilled workers who would love to move to Canada to continue practicing their profession. The type visa you are given is based on your skill and this visa stems from the Canada Express Entry program designed by the Government of Canada. The Express entry program is categorized into the following:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP)
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
Canadian Visa Application Fee
The application fee depends on the visa you are applying for also, the fee is not constant which means that the prices change at any time due to several reasons. Visit the Canadian embassy in the country you are applying from to know the fee.
Canadian Visa Application Procedures
Applying for the Canadian visa is very easy and straightforward and intending applicants are advised to follow each procedure carefully if they want their application to be approved. Below are the procedures that one must follow in order to apply for a Canadian visa:
- Check your eligibility for the visa you plan to apply for or obtain
- Create an online account on Canadian government official website
- Compile the required documents
- Pay the required fee for the visa you plan on obtaining
- Wait for your visa to be processed
- Submit your passport, and the processing fee[the processing fee is dependent on the Canadian consulate in your country].
Canadian Visa Application Status
If you applied for the Canadian Visa online,then it is very necessary to know how to check your application status. To check your application status,simply login to the account that you created when applying to know if your application has been approved.
If you found this article useful,then share it with others who you feel might be interested.