The United Arab Emirates is a Western Asian country formed from a federation of seven emirates namely Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm Al Quwain. UAE is known for its large oil reserves which happen to be the sixth and seventh largest in the world.
The United Arab Emirates is a center of tourist attraction with tourism said to be one of the major contributors to the GDP of the United Arab Emirates.
If you are planning to travel to the United Arab Emirates either for tourism or any other purpose, you would need a visa that matches the purpose of your traveling there.
List Of Countries Exempted From Obtaining A UAE Visa
Citizens of some countries can enter the United Arab Emirates without a visa or can obtain one upon entry into the country. The countries that are allowed to obtain a visa on entry are also known as visa on arrival countries. A single entry is valid for 30 days while multiple entries are valid for 90 days.
Visa On Arrival(Valid For 30 days)
Those who are nationals of the following regions do not have to apply for a visa before being granted access to UAE. Once you arrive, disembark from your flight and proceed to the immigration to stamp your visa for you.
|Hong Kong||Japan||Kazakhstan||Macau, China||Malaysia|
|Mauritius||Monaco||New Zealand||Republic of Ireland||San Marino|
|Singapore||Ukraine||United Kingdom and Northern Ireland||United States of America||Vatican City|
Visa On Arrival(Valid For 90 days)
Nationals from the following regions are entitled to a 90 days visa eligibility and also a pre-arranged visit visa.
|Austria||Cyprus||Hungary||Montenegro||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Switzerland|
|Bahamas Islands||Czech Republic||Iceland||Nauru||San Marino||Uruguay|
|Barbados||Denmark||Italy||Netherlands||Serbia||Mexico(Valid for 180 days)|
Requirements To Obtain A UAE Visa
The entry mode to the United Arab Emirates is different as there are other documents you must possess before obtaining the visa. Those who would need to obtain a visa before moving to the United Arab Emirates must also obtain an entry permit.
What Is A UAE Entry Permit?
An Entry Permit is a document issued by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs(GDRFA) that allows foreigners to enter the United Arab Emirates for a specific amount of time. There is a hard copy and soft copy of the documents and the number of days you can stay depends on the purpose of your entry.
Nationals of the countries outlined above do not need to obtain a UAE Entry permit but they would need their National ID or passport. The Entry Permit is for those who would love to enter UAE for the following reasons:
- Family Visit
- For Medical Reasons
- Attending Conferences
The following are the requirements that one must possess in order to obtain a UAE visa:
- Proof of accommodation
- A No object certificate from your father or husband(For females traveling alone)
- Medical Insurance
- Photocopies of your International Passport and that of your sponsor
- A confirmed Airline ticket(Roundtrip or onward)
- A letter stating the purpose of your visit
- Proof of legal residence in your country(If you are a citizen of the country you are applying from)
UAE Visa Types
There are different types of visa offered to visitors and the one you apply for depends on the purpose of your visit to the United Arab Emirates. The following are the types of UAE visas:
- Tourist Visa: A Tourist visa is for those who would like to enter the United Arab Emirates for tourism or stay less than 30 days.
- Residence Visa: A Residence visa is for those entering UAE to stay for a long time. There are various categories of residence visas namely work visas, student visas, family visas, retirement visas, and digital nomad visas.
- Transit Visa: This is a short stay visa for those who would be passing through the United Arab Emirates and they are mostly valid for 48 to 96 hours.
- Investor Visa: This is for those who would be interested in investing a huge amount of money in the United Arab Emirates. It is also known as a long stay visa and it is usually issued within 5 to 10 years.
- Business Visa: A business visa is a type of short-stay visa and it can only be obtained via the Gold visa system.
UAE Visa Application Form
The UAE Visa can be filled and submitted online or at approved agencies or channels. It is very important to note that the United Arab Emirates Visa application form cannot be obtained from the embassy and submitting visas yourself is forbidden.
UAE Visa Application Guidelines
The mode of applying for a UAE visa is different as visas are not issued via their embassies. The UAE visa can only be submitted via an authorized agency or a sponsor on your behalf. The UAE Visa can be submitted on your behalf by any of the following:
- An authorized agency that can help you purchase the visa
- A host or sponsor who resides in UAE
- Authorized airlines like Etihad Airways, Emirates Airways, Air Arabia, and FlyDubai[You must fly with them]
UAE Visa Application Fee
The United Arab Emirates visa application fee is not fixed since the application cannot be done via the embassy or by yourself. The amount paid depends on the mode you are using to obtain the visa.
Drop your comments below if you have questions and also share this article with those who are interested in obtaining a UAE visa.